If you’re feeling a bit stressed, anxious, or just need to relax a little more then this pilates stretching routine is what you need!
I’m excited to share with you my new Pilates Rehab Series. This series will focus on workouts to help your body, your mind, and your injuries. They will each have a very specific focus and the workout will be tailored towards this. Here is the first workout for the series and we are kicking off with relaxing and reducing stress & anxiety.
Taking time for yourself to relax, unwind, and stretch is equally as important as training hard and being productive!
Try the pilates stretching routine here and follow these steps below to introduce more calm to your day!
- Start your day with 5 minutes quiet time. The healthy option of hot water and lemon, or my home comfort choice of a good cup of tea. Stay away from your mobile phone, or any internet devices and just enjoy your warm drink and the quietness. You’ll be surprised how taking that few minutes to waken up and continue the calmness will set you up for the rest of your day.
- Try to exercise each day. I know this sounds unrealistic to some, but even 15 minutes per day can raise your mood levels, relax anxious feelings and generally make you feel good. Try the above workout as your first step!
- Drink plenty of water. Not being adequately hydrated can make you agitated, give headaches, and make you cranky! If you drink plenty your body will naturally be more calm.
- Have a plan for your day. Often when we have things to do the day flies by and before you know it another day has gone. Making a small plan means you are focused and will get things done. Keep your plan to 3 things as a maximum though, otherwise you will stress from having too much to do.
- Stop caffeine, or eating a few hours before bed. Caffeine will make your brain alert and food will cause your digestive system to constantly be processing, neither of which will set you up for a relaxed bedtime!
Hope these help you and enjoy the workout! xo